The Lifestyle Centre, Epsom
A public/private partnership scheme in conjunction with both Epsom & Ewell Borough Council and Surrey County Council, providing over 140,000 sq.ft of new buildings in addition to below ground car parking in Epsom town centre.
The scheme, with a value of approximately £25 million, was completed in December 2000 and comprises:
• The Ebbisham Centre. Extensive community Lifestyle facility, 15,000 sq ft leased to Epsom & Ewell County Council
• New modern library for Epsom with advanced IT facilities of 15,000 sq ft – let to Surrey County Council
• Private health club operated by Holmes Place (30,000 sq ft)
• Modern GP surgery & health care centre (8 partners)
• 37 apartments – all sold
• Public House
• 7 Restaurants and retail units (20,000 sq ft)
• 142 space basement car park to replace former surface parking
• 2 new Civic Squares.
The main atrium of the Building was designed to have a “green” passive ventilation solution, which operates well and is a forerunner to many “green” buildings now being designed.
Trevor Osborne Property Group
Epsom & Ewell Borough Council
Surrey County Council
Gardiner & Theobald
Mechanical & Electrical Engineer: