The Lifestyle Centre, Epsom
A public/private partnership scheme in conjunction with both Epsom & Ewell Borough Council and Surrey County Council, providing over 140,000 sq.ft of new buildings in addition to below ground car parking in Epsom town centre.
The scheme, with a value of approximately £25 million, was completed in December 2000 and comprises:
- The Ebbisham Centre. Extensive community Lifestyle facility, 15,000 sq ft leased to Epsom & Ewell County Council
- New modern library for Epsom with advanced IT facilities of 15,000 sq ft let to Surrey County Council
- Private health club operated by Holmes Place (30,000 sq ft)
- Modern GP surgery & health care centre (8 partners)
- 37 apartments â€“ all sold
- Public House
- 7 Restaurants and retail units (20,000 sq ft)
- 142 space basement car park to replace former surface parking
- 2 new Civic Squares.
The main atrium of the Building was designed to have a â€œgreenâ€ passive ventilation solution, which operates well and is a forerunner to many “green” buildings now being designed.